- Clinical experiences /internships at OSI are open only to students in a PT or PTA program.
- Pre PT/PTA or pre OT/OTA students may inquire about job shadowing / observation hours: please contact Anna O’Brien: email@example.com
OSI provides every student with an advanced, high level clinical experience. The internship will prepare you for employment in a fast-paced orthopedic clinical setting that focuses on outstanding clinical care and excellent customer service. Our goal is to help students enter the physical therapy profession with a strong clinical background, ethical and effective decision-making skills and a highly professional behavior.
Objectives of an OSI Internship
- Entry-level applicants start with orthopedic evaluation and treatment
- You will manage a moderate caseload with consistent time-management involving 1 hour evaluations and 1/2 hour subsequent visits
- You will determine discharge criteria and accurately predict expected number of visits and functional outcomes with assistance from a clinical instructor.
- You will be trained to become a critical decision-maker
- You will become familiar with various treatment techniques and specialties
- Interns will display professional behavior with exceptional maturity
- You will learn to become a mature decision-maker
- As an OSI intern, you will develop legal, moral, and ethical decision-making skills while finding a balance between patient needs, regulatory requirements and expectations of those who pay for services
We prefer to take students in their final internships. We are a fast-paced orthopedic clinic and have high expectations for students with regards to evaluation, treatment and documentation. We expect professional behavior, appearance and excellent overall presentation. We prefer students who have a strong orthopedic/sports medicine background or interest.
Colleges We Have Contracts With:
- University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine’s University
- College of St. Scholastica
- Anoka Ramsey Technical College
- Mayo School of Health Sciences
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse
- University of North Dakota
- Des Moines University
- Clarke College
- University of Iowa
- Indiana University
- University of Kentucky
- University of St. Augustine
- Lake Superior College
- University of Central Arkansas
Meet the OSI Center Coordinator of Clinical Education
Amy Prose, PT, OCS, is the Professional Development Coordinator at OSI. Amy attended Marquette University-Milwaukee and graduated with her MS in Physical Therapy. Amy is a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS).
To contact Amy Prose: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Student Handouts
- If you are performing a clinical at OSI, we would like you to refer to the handouts in this link. Click on the link below to view: Student internship information packet (print/fill out/bring on first day)
Student internship information packet (print/fillout/bring on first day)