Clinic Shadow / Observation
- Pre PT/PTA or pre OT/OTA students that are currently a junior or senior in high school, or beginning a college/university may inquire about job shadowing / observation hours. Please contact either Colleen Harris: email@example.com or Angie Guillaume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Experiences / Internships
- Clinical experiences / internships at OSI are open only to students in a PT or PTA program.
OSI provides every student with an advanced, high level clinical experience. The internship will prepare you for employment in a fast-paced orthopedic clinical setting that focuses on outstanding clinical care and excellent customer service. Our goal is to help students enter the physical therapy profession with a strong clinical background, ethical and effective decision-making skills and a highly professional behavior.
Objectives of an OSI Internship
- Entry-level applicants start with orthopedic evaluation and treatment
- You will manage a moderate caseload with consistent time-management involving 1 hour evaluations and 1/2 hour subsequent visits
- You will determine discharge criteria and accurately predict expected number of visits and functional outcomes with assistance from a clinical instructor.
- You will be trained to become a critical decision-maker
- You will become familiar with various treatment techniques and specialties
- Interns will display professional behavior with exceptional maturity
- You will learn to become a mature decision-maker
- As an OSI intern, you will develop legal, moral, and ethical decision-making skills while finding a balance between patient needs, regulatory requirements and expectations of those who pay for services
We prefer to take students in their final internships. We are a fast-paced orthopedic clinic and have high expectations for students with regards to evaluation, treatment and documentation. We expect professional behavior, appearance and excellent overall presentation. We prefer students who have a strong orthopedic/sports medicine background or interest.
Colleges We Have Contracts With:
- University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine’s University
- College of St. Scholastica
- Anoka Ramsey Technical College
- Mayo School of Health Sciences
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse
- University of North Dakota
- Des Moines University
- Clarke College
- University of Iowa
- Indiana University
- University of Kentucky
- University of St. Augustine
- Lake Superior College
- University of Central Arkansas
Amy Prose, PT, OCS, is the Director of Clinical Quality at Therapy Partners and works with OSI to place qualified students in our clinical internship program.
Please contact Amy Prose regarding a clinical internship: email@example.com