8 Tips To Stay Safe Exercising Outside In The Summer
The temperatures are climbing, that means you need to stay safe when you are exercising outside. Here are some tips to help you stay safe and cool while staying in shape this summer.
- Drink a lot of Water – All throughout the day AND while you are exercising. Dehydration causes a whole host of issues, especially when it’s hot!
- Wear Sunscreen!
- Take Breaks – You may have to take breaks from your rigorous routine (running) with breaks of lighter activity (walking).
- Adjust your timing- Early in the morning or late at night are cooler times during the day. If you have to exercise outside, chose these times instead.
- Lighter activity – want to get your Vitamin D but wouldn’t dare go for a run? Try doing yoga or different body weight exercises like lunges, jumping jacks, planks, push-ups outside in a shady spot.
- Exercise inside – Sometimes it is just too hot to exercise outside, come inside and do a workout in the air conditioning. Your body will thank you.
- Dress appropriately- wear moisture wicking clothing that is loose fitting and can let your body breathe.
- Go swimming- its great exercise and cools you down!
Thanks for reading!