JOB DESCRIPTION – Athletic Trainer (ATC/R)
Company: OSI Physical Therapy
Job Title: Athletic Trainer (ATC/R)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Cover practice and game events as defined by OSI administration and athletic director and coaches.
- Provide support tasks for clinicians in Clinic.
Reports To: Clinic Manager, Athletic Training Services Coordinator
Summary: The Registered Athletic Trainer (ATC/R) will have the primary responsibilities of providing athletic training services to athletic teams as agreed upon by the Activity Director/coaches and OSI Administration. The ATC/R may also be required to provide support to the clinicians at one of OSI’s clinic locations. They will be tasks to help clinicians manage a full patient load while maintaining consistent communication with patients, referral sources, and others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exemplifies the vision and mission of OSI Physical Therapy.
- Effectively works with the Athletic Training Services Coordinator, Activity Director, coaches, athletes, and the families of athletes to improve the abilities of the athletes to compete safely and effectively.
- Provide basic treatment interventions to injured athletes at training room – ie. ice, whirlpool, basic exercise, taping, etc.
- Provide emergency treatment interventions, i.e. AED, splinting, spine board, assist transferring athletes from the field.
- Provide other coverage to youth sporting events ie. wrestling, basketball, soccer
- Effectively works with other health care providers who also work with athletics.
- Provide representation at other varied athletic training activities.
- Knowledge of computer and software applications used at OSI
- Efficiently works with clinicians to provide support for the day to day activities:
1) Return phone calls to MDs and other medical providers, patients, patient family members, and others as needed
2) Take calls and messages for clinicians
3) Bring/convey messages/information to MD’s and their support staff
4) Review and update OSI protocol book
5) Organize patient exercise protocols and handouts
6) Other duties may be assigned to assist with efficiency, quality, or effectiveness athletic training operations.
7) Communicate effectively with all internal and external contacts.
8) Supportive of the goals and objectives of Orthopaedic Sports, Inc. Handles information with discretion and maintains confidentiality.
Critical Job Requirements
- See Job Function Description- attached
- OSI will commit to providing adequate work place equipment and set up to help minimize postural dysfunctions. Employee is expected to use effective work place posture/ergonomics.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Build relationships with various referral sources.
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to attaining athletic training
- Athletic Training Certification from Athletic Trainers Association and Registration by State of Minnesota
- CPR/AED certified
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jody Ruppert at email@example.com