Links of the Week
- Health Care Reform. Evidence Based Protocols Drive Quality Improvement The changing health care system will reward quality and efficiency. The use of evidence-based protocols results in two major benefits: better care for patients and savings for organizations. Through better outcomes, develop proven care paths that deliver efficiency and effectiveness. Put on your “thinking cap” – how can you develop care paths that put PT at the front of the process?
- Market Trends. Is Physician Shortage a Myth? There is a shortage of primary care physicians, but that doesn’t have to create a crisis with patient access. Non-physician providers are described who can quickly see the appropriate type of patient. Why didn’t they mention physical therapists?? That’s our fault. Time to don the “thinking cap” again – can you be the primary care provider for musculoskeletal conditions in your community? Why not. It’s up to you.
- Market Trends. The Market Moves to More Powerful Care Delivery Main and Slywotzky (remember them from previous TPI e-newsletter?) from the Oliver Wyman Group note 3 movements that will drive a new market for health IT: 1. Better consumer awareness 2. Transparency for consumers based on price, value, outcomes 3. Care teams that will improve population health.
- Leadership. 11 Simple Concepts to Be a Better Leader. Apply these 11 simple yet powerful actions – which won’t cost you a dime – and you will see yourself grow as a leader and your team develop in performance.
- Leading Change. A 2’ video. For those of you who are in The Leadership Edge program, you know that one of the Roles of a 4R Leader is CHANGE AGENT. This brief video offers some valuable insight into how you can lead change in your practice. And if you haven’t figured it out yet – our market is in the process of dramatically changing from volume to value. Better get ready to lead your team!