The Farmer’s Market Rocks
I love farmer’s markets. While some people can get lost in Macy’s or Best Buy for hours, I can get lost in farmers markets for hours. There are so many advantages to having a local farmers market
- They provide an opportunity for the customer to talk directly with the farmer who produced the food
- Help support small family farms whose continued existence depends on selling directly to the consumer
- Help provide community access to fresh-from-the-farm produce
- Give a good spot where people meet to visit with friends and neighbors
One of the cool things about many of these farmers markets is you can get baked goods, flowers, honey, salsas, meats and so many other items while you are there too. Just make sure to try something new and experiment with a new food every once and awhile! I also suggest hitting up a bakery stand and grabbing some breakfast while you peruse! Here are some farmers markets around you!
- St. Paul Farmers Market – 5th & Wall St, Apr 26-Nov 23: Sat 6a-1p, Sun 8a-1p
- Minneapolis Farmers Market – Nicollet Mall Apr-Nov, Thu 6a-6p, Sat 8:30a-4:30p.
- Oakdale Farmers Market – Hadley Ave & 15th St in R. Walton Park, June-Oct: Wed 2-6p
- Woodbury Farmer’s Market – Central Park/YMCA lot on Radio Drive, Jun 15-Oct 26: Sun 8a-1p
- Stillwater Farmers Market – Corner of 3rd & Pine St, Jun 14-Oct 25: Sat 7:30a-Noon.
- Maplewood Farmers Market – North side parking lot of Aldrich Arena, 1850 White Bear Ave, May 14-Oct 29: Wed 8a-Noon
- White Bear Lake Farmers Market- Hwy 61 & 4th St on Washington Ave, Last Fri in Jun-last Fri in Oct: Fri 8a-noon
- Shoreview Farmers Market- Shoreview Community Center – 4600 N Victoria St, Jun 19-Oct 16: Tue 3-7p.
What do your summer weekends consist of? Which market do you go to?