Here are 11 great healthy living tips that I picked up from a book called Drop Dead Healthy.
( really there is proof for many that they work )
1) Practice Chewdaism . Hard -core chewers recommend 50 chews per mouthful . Strive for 15-20.
2) Turn off The TV . Studies show that we eat up to 71 % more if we are watching TV.
3) Put the fork down between bites.
4) Eat with a smaller kids plate.
5) Use a tiny fork to eat or better yet eat with chop sticks .
6) Write a check to some terrible group that you would never support. Then make a deal with yourself or a friend . If you eat another Oreo , you will have to send that check off.
7) Consume an apple , a bowl of soup with cayenne pepper , two glasses of water , or A handful of nuts . They all suppress the appetite.
8) Outsource your worries . Find someone to trade worries with.
9) Get a cat or a dog because they lower stress.
10) Put the serenity prayer to work .
11) And finally don’t drink too much. Studies published in Freakanomics actually show that people die 4x more frequently when walking drunk than driving drunk . So avoid both for the obvious reason.
That’s it. I’d love to hear your tips and ideas for living a healthier life. Thanks for reading.