It’s that time of year! Climbing temperatures, trees budding, birds singing and rushing waters. Just like spring, there is a great opportunity for us to start new and reclaim what winter has stolen. Setting your sights on reclaiming your health doesn’t have to be a chore. I want to challenge all reading this to make April your movement month. For just one day per week, mark something you can do outside. That’s just four days you have to commit to.
I will only ask for one more thing. When you pick your activities, make them FUN FOR YOU! Living in the Midwest we are all Vitamin D deprived, so if nothing else do it for this. Need some ideas?
- Grab a bucket, sponge, water and soap for a car wash.
- Put on the boots and walk field lines or parks looking for deer antlers.
- Brush off the cobwebs on those golf clubs and hit the driving range.
- Pump up the bike tires and roll along a nearby path.
- HGTV fans, find a neighborhood to walk for inspiration for your yard or home.
- Canoe or kayak but be sure to use a life jacket with the cold water temperatures.
I would love to see what ideas other people are willing to share as they start marking their calendars. Feel free to leave your outdoor activities in comments below. Time to get out and breathe in a nice breath of freshness! Most importantly have fun getting active this spring!
Advice for Reclaiming Your Health This Spring