1. It is important to perform gentle hand exercises every day to keep the joints and muscles moving/flexible.
2. Take special precautions to protect your hands from further damage by incorporating joint protection/work simplification techniques into your daily routine.
● Take frequent breaks.
● Change positions frequently.
● Use a jar opener or ask someone for help.
● Use an electric can opener instead of a manual opener.
● Use larger handled items such an electric toothbrush, larger barreled pen or OXO/Good Grips cooking utensils.
● Avoid wringing out a cloth. Instead use a dishwand or similar to wash dishes.
● Plan short rest periods throughout the day.
● Listen to your body and rest before you get tired.
● Get plenty or rest at night.
● Conserve your energy! It is important to prioritize and balance your daily routine.Feel free to contact an OSI Hand Therapist for your free phone consultation or visit us at osipt.com to set up an appointment. We are here to get you back to what is important to you! – Kari