During the fall, it’s common for people to trade in their running shoes for lazy football Sundays and staying indoors. With the cooler weather coming closer, it can be hard to get motivation to work out. With school back in session, busier schedules can also keep you from working out or even just being as active as you’d like to be. But there are plenty of ways to get exercise during the fall season.
Take advantage of all the fun events that only happen during this time of year! There are tons of great events that can help you squeeze in some extra effort throughout the season. Make plans to pack your weekends with things like:
- Hiking or biking through the woods to see the autumn leaf colors.
- Walking through an orchard or pumpkin patch.
- Finding a corn maze to explore.
- Signing up for a Thanksgiving Day race.
The weather at the beginning of fall is great for outdoor activities, but you might find yourself avoiding them once the cold weather comes. How can you prepare yourself for working out in cooler temps?
- Wear wool sweaters or fleece jackets
- Keep your skin dry by wearing things like moisture-wicking undershirt.
- Wear gloves and ear warmers on the very cold days.
- Avoid fabrics that contain cotton, as they hold moisture and make you cold.
Whether you’re putting in extra hours at work, it can be hard to find the time to squeeze in a work out. Try to find a break while you’re a work to get in a walk around the block or some lunges around the office. Don’t skip your workouts. Make it an employee activity and get your coworkers involved! Grab a moments around 3pm when you’re feeling a lack of energy and take a short walk. It can get you energized to finish out the day and get in a work out at the same time.